Khandala: A Paradise within Reach
Khandala is one of the hottest weekend destinations in India. It is a small scenic town located in the surroundings of Mumbai and Pune. The most fun mode to get there is a road trip, since it is just an hour’s drive from Pune, 2 and half hour ride from Mumbai and just 10 minutes away from Lonavala!
The grassy hills, the breath taking views, the lustrous valleys, and the cascading waterfalls are sure to make you fall in love with it and give you the needed break from the city’s hustle bustle.
Here are some places that you must visit at Khandala –
- The Celebrity Wax Museum – The museum is home to magnificent wax images of Rajiv Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Michael Jackson, Adolf Hitler and many more!
- Ryewood Park – The park showcases numerous varieties of beautiful tall trees, which are believed to be decades old. If you are a nature lover, then you should definitely have this place in your must-visit list.
- Bhushi dam – Gushing water, scenic landscape and hot piping tea, if that sounds like your kind of holiday style then Bhushi dam is the place for you.
- Karla and Bhaja Cave – They are historical rock cut caves, situated at a distance of 16 km from Khandala. Karla Caves are ancient Buddhist caves. Bhaja Caves are similar to Karla Caves but are on a much smaller scale. Make sure to visit them to witness their exquisiteness.
- Shooting Point – It’s famous for the ‘n’ number of Bollywood film shooting done here, where it gets its name ‘Shooting point’ from. You can even get awesome view of the famous Rajmachi Fort from here.
- Duke’s Nose – It’s a favourite spot for trekkers as its peculiar peak makes suitable trail for trekking.
- Karla Hills: The Karla Hills are another joy for trekkers as its fine trekking terrain is worth to enjoy rock-climbing and hiking.
- Restaurants – Khandala has a lot offer for all you food lovers too. Our pick – Sunny Da Dhaba and Sheetal Dhaba, we bet you won’t be disappointed!